Accounts Payable Specialist
Position reports to the Accounts Payable (AP) Supervisor with additional dotted line reporting and task directives taken from the Company’s Controller/AVP Finance. Position processes requests relative to the accounts payable functions.
What you get to do:
Operations: Accounts Payable Processing
- Responsible for verification of appropriate approvals as well as timely and accurate general ledger coding of payable documents (i.e., invoices, check requests and expense reports) and related data entry and/or upload into the accounting system.
- Audit of submitted employee expense report detail for compliance with WG reimbursement policies and procedures.
- Mail outgoing vendor payments with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Responsible for obtaining W-9 forms for vendor payments and maintaining W-9 master file.
- Assist with annual 1099 and 1096 recipient and IRS processes for all WG entities.
- Respond in either written or verbal format to inquiries from internal customers or external vendors regarding vendor payments and related issues.
- Prepare monthly intercompany billing summary for print shop services to be allocated and charged among WG entities.
- Minimum high school diploma/GED; some college preferred and 2 years of related professional experience and a basic understanding of AP related concepts and terminology of accountancy, including familiarity with general ledger coding and accounting business terms.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in computerized accounting systems e.g. MAS 500 (highly preferred).
- Strong end-user computer skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Critical attention to detail and accuracy with good organizational skills to be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient math skills and an exceptional ability to operate a 10-key machine by touch.
- Strong work ethic with written and verbal communication skills and a friendly, service-oriented attitude including the ability to establish and get along with and maintain effective working relationships with others at all levels of the organization.
Send resume to Lola da Silva, ldasilva@WGA.COM
Thank you for your interest in employment with Western Growers. At this time, we are not accepting any third-party vendors.
We accept resumes only when we intend to fulfill a position. All current openings are listed on this website. When you review a position, carefully read the qualifications and duties/responsibilities.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes unless specifically requested to do so with a specified job posting. We also do not accept unsolicited employment agency/recruiter resumes. Do not forward unsolicited resumes to our website or any employee. Western Growers will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm without a signed fee agreement or to any firm that was not issues a search assignment from the Western Growers HR department. Western Growers will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Western Growers will shred unsolicited resumes without review.