The Communications Coordinator works closely with the marketing and communications teams to execute communication projects as well as monitor the outcomes of these activities. Campaigns are closely tied to goals that help to enhance the company’s’ reputation and visibility in the marketplace, increase awareness of our products and services with our members and business partners, and grow participation in our various programs and services.
The Communications Coordinator will get to: :
- Prepare and distribute daily media briefing on issues of importance to WG and broader fresh produce industry.
- Work with staff subject matter experts to prepare and distribute semi-weekly membership email newsletter.
- Develop story ideas, research and write articles for bi-monthly membership magazine.
- Help develop and execute WG’s social media calendar and campaigns across all platforms.
- Monitor, measure and analyze metrics related to WG’s social media activities.
- Deliver social media training to WG staff and representatives from member companies.
- Develop multimedia content for distribution on WG’s social media channels, including original photography, videography and post-production design and editing.
- Research and write original stories for distribution on WG’s traditional and social media channels.
- Help maintain in-house press list with current media reporters and outlets.
- Respond to selected requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information sources.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with all appropriate trade, local, state and national media.
Essentials to have as a Communications Coordinator:
- BA/BS degree and two years of experience as a journalist, writer, producer or communications specialist in a public affairs firm, media organization, trade association, nonprofit entity, government agency or political campaign preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to conduct research and present complex information in a simple and engaging manner.
- Proficient in social media applications and multimedia design and production, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Adobe Creative Suite; photography, videography and video editing a plus.
- Experience in developing digital content and executing social media campaigns; experience in using social media as an advocacy or marketing tool, a plus.
- Highly adaptable and able to meet, prioritize and manage competing demands, rapidly evolving events and changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain quality relationships with external members and internal staff.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Experience working with the media, such as fielding media inquiries, developing press statement and delivering media pitches, a plus.
- Knowledge of farming and agriculture, and the public policy issues impacting the fresh produce industry, a plus.
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. up to 20%.
Send resume to Lola da Silva, ldasilva@WGA.COM
Thank you for your interest in employment with Western Growers. At this time, we are not accepting any third-party vendors.
We accept resumes only when we intend to fulfill a position. All current openings are listed on this website. When you review a position, carefully read the qualifications and duties/responsibilities.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes unless specifically requested to do so with a specified job posting. We also do not accept unsolicited employment agency/recruiter resumes. Do not forward unsolicited resumes to our website or any employee. Western Growers will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm without a signed fee agreement or to any firm that was not issues a search assignment from the Western Growers HR department. Western Growers will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Western Growers will shred unsolicited resumes without review.