As a Programmer I you will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and modifying programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs.
You can also look forward to:
REVIEW, ANALYZE AND MODIFY PROGRAMS/SYSTEMS
- Review, analyze and modify programming/systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs
- Report all modifications, changes, and/or deletions of programs, systems, and/or data to departmental supervisor and/or director for approval before work is executed
- Work under supervision of the departmental supervisor and director
- Determine impact of project/system creation/modification to other systems and/or projects.
- Provide estimates on time requirements
- Make recommendations based on limited knowledge of systems and current technology available in the industry
ONGOING SUPPORT/EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION
- Provide ongoing programming, and documentation support for new and existing applications and systems
- Work with end users to determine needs and project qualifications
- Provide limited direction to the user community under the guidance of the supervisor
Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning and executing work in a helpful and collaborative manner, being willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
Maintain a clean DMV record and the ability to travel to locations throughout the US (mainly California and Arizona).
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree (BA/BS) in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field.
- Working knowledge of programming in C, C+ and/or Pascal.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to be a self-starter and self-motivated.
- Strong knowledge in application development tools.
- Knowledge of the Linux, UNIX or OpenVMS operating system and associated file structure and access preferred.
- Knowledge of My SQL or MS SQL preferred.
- Familiarity with ANSI X12n Layout and health insurance application programing preferred.
Send resume to Lola da Silva, ldasilva@WGA.COM
Thank you for your interest in employment with Western Growers. At this time, we are not accepting any third-party vendors.
We accept resumes only when we intend to fulfill a position. All current openings are listed on this website. When you review a position, carefully read the qualifications and duties/responsibilities.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes unless specifically requested to do so with a specified job posting. We also do not accept unsolicited employment agency/recruiter resumes. Do not forward unsolicited resumes to our website or any employee. Western Growers will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm without a signed fee agreement or to any firm that was not issues a search assignment from the Western Growers HR department. Western Growers will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Western Growers will shred unsolicited resumes without review.