Next Thursday, January 16th, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP will sponsor a water rights webinar. The webinar will explore and evaluate the underlying fundamentals of water law and policy in California, with a brief comparison to water laws applicable in Arizona. Participants will learn the essential elements of water management laws, including:
- The types of property rights applied to water
- The demarcation between public and private interests in water resources
- The different legal regimes applied to surface water and groundwater and how the two are coordinated
- Federal versus state authority in water management
- The various legal institutions that govern the use of water
Presenters will also review the significant present concerns and issues pertaining to water use in California and Arizona.
Presenters: Kenneth Khachigian, Senior Partner; Russell M. McGlothlin, Shareholder; and Bradley J. Herrema, Shareholder, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP.
Moderator: Jason Resnick, Vice President and General Counsel, Western Growers
January 16, 2014 | 11:00 a.m. PST
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.