Register for “AgTechX Food Safety,” a summit where top industry leaders will delve into technological solutions in the prevention and rapid diagnostics arena. AgTechX will be presented virtually, free of charge, next Thursday (April 22).
Dr. Rodrigo Nieto Gomez, a geostrategist and defense futurist focused on the consequences of the accelerating pace of change in homeland security and policing environments, will headline the event with a keynote on the accelerating innovation and changing policy dynamics.
He will be followed by three panels that discuss how innovation should consider regulation in the product development cycle; the role of research; and what Western Growers Science, Technology & Innovation leadership believes to be important to its members.
AgTechX Food Safety - A Year of Food Safety Acceleration for Rapid Diagnostics and Prevention Technologies
DATE: Thursday, April 22, 2021
TIME: 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PT
- 9:30 a.m. – Keynote Address: Accelerating Innovation and Changing Policy Dynamics
- Speaker: Dr. Rodrigo Nieto, Research Professor at the National Security Affairs Department as well as at the Center for Homeland Defense and Security at the Naval Postgraduate School
- 10 a.m. – Session: Innovation from a Regulatory Perspective
- Speaker: Tom Sidebottom, Research Scientist and Consultant (who previously worked at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for more than 30 years)
- 10:30 a.m. – Panel: The Role of Research
- Paul Brierley, Executive Director at the Yuma Center of Excellence for Desert Agriculture
- Bonnie Fernandez, Executive Director at the Center for Produce Safety
- 11:00 a.m. – Panel: Food Safety Trends and the role of Western Growers Science & Innovation
- Walt Duflock, Vice President of Innovation at Western Growers
- De Ann Davis, Senior Vice President of Science at Western Growers
RSVP: Register at https://pages.agtechxfs.com/yuma
For more information, please contact Dennis Donohue, Director of Western Growers Center for Innovation & Technology, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.