On February 20, 2018, the Canadian Produce Marketing Association (CPMA) will be hosting a food safety forum and town hall in Salinas, Calif., on the soon-to-be published Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR) and updates on the U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). This event is part of CPMA’s revitalized food safety focus.
This information session will provide:
- An opportunity to ask questions to Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) representatives regarding the SFCRs on food safety and importing.
- A presentation by a CPMA US member on the current status of the FSMA implementation.
- A presentation by Global Food Safety Initiative Certification Body on how GFSI, SFCR and FSMA will co-exist and complement each other.
- An opportunity to interact with other CPMA members to discuss the changing regulatory landscape.
The Town Hall will include updates on CPMA activities and issues followed by a panel presentation. The panel will feature retailers, CPMA members and industry specialists and will focus on supply chain issues. CPMA will also be hosting a Town Hall immediately following the Food Safety Forum.
CPMA Food Safety Forum and Town Hall
Date: Tuesday, February 20, 2018
- Food Safety Forum: 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. PST
- Town Hall: 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. PST
- Networking Wine & Cheese Reception: 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Location: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salinas
195 Kern Street, Salinas, CA 93901
CPMA’s Food Safety Forum, Town Hall and Reception are all being offered free of charge.
For questions, contact Jeff Hall at CPMA at email@example.com.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.