The California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) announced yesterday that they are now accepting proposals for the 2019 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program. Grant awards will range from $50,000 to $450,000 per project and projects may last for up to two years and six months.
Those eligible to apply include non-profit and for-profit organizations; local, state, federal and tribal government entities; and public and private colleges and universities. To apply, register at https://faast.waterboards.ca.gov and submit proposals by Friday, November 2, 2018, at 5 pm PST.
Click here to review the 2019 Request for Concept Proposals for detailed application instructions. For additional information, visit the CDFA Specialty Crop Block Grant Program website or attend one of the following workshops/webinars where CDFA will provide an overview of the program, a review of the concept proposal questions and a live demonstration of the online application system.
Workshops and webinars will be held at these locations on the following dates:
- Merced Workshop: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Sonoma Workshop: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Webinar 1: Thursday, October 11, 2018 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Los Angeles Workshop: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Webinar 2: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Sacramento Workshop: Thursday, October 18, 2018 from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.