The impacts of climate change on the global supply chain present complex challenges. Western Growers supports outreach efforts on this topic, including the opportunity for the produce industry to learn more about climate change from Cornell University experts.
Join the Climate Change Leadership course hosted by Cornell University. This course will cover climate change science and its impacts on the global food system. After completion of the course, participants will walk away with the ability to:
- Assess potential impacts posed by climate change on their organization
- Incorporate important climate change terminology in daily dialog, culture, planning, and operational decisions
- Analyze risks and opportunities related to supply chain and transportation
- Define risks and opportunities in the processing, packaging, and storage of products
Ultimately, participants will walk away being better prepared to adapt to and mitigate the impacts of climate change on their businesses and contribute to potential solutions.
Who should enroll?
- Organizational decision-makers
- Risk and supply managers
- Anyone interested in understanding the impacts of climate change and working towards solutions
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3-5 hours per week
Format: Online; instructor-led
Cost: $149 with $100 discount code for WG members - CLIMATE100 ($249 without code)
The first session launches on February 17, 2021, and runs through March 16, 2021, although other sessions will occur throughout the year.
Course overview and enrollment link https://www.ecornell.com/courses/leadership-and-strategic-management/climate-change-leadership/#
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.