On November 21, Western Growers and C.H. Robinson will overview the impact of Electronic Logging Devices (ELDs) on refrigerated transportation and will highlight the new ELD mandate that goes into effect on December 18, 2017. The free live webinar will begin at 11:00 a.m. PST on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
As previously reported in Spotlight, inspectors and roadside enforcement personnel will begin documenting violations on roadside inspection reports and may issue citations to commercial drivers operating vehicles without a compliant ELD starting December 18. The out-of-service criteria will go into effect on April 1, 2018.
The webinar will highlight the impact of ELD units on the day-to-day operation, as well as provide tips on how to be a “shipper of choice.” The webinar will cover the following topics:
- Explanation of Hours of Service Regulations.
- Description of the ELD unit, including a demonstration of how it works and what it records.
- Information about how and when the ELD requirement will go into effect.
- Description of what police and weigh station personnel may access from the ELD.
- Impact of ELDs, with respect to enforcement of Hours of Service Regulations.
- Potential penalties for noncompliance.
- Tips for shippers to minimize the impact of the ELD requirement.
ELDs: The Latest Information on Implementation and Impact
Date: Tuesday, November 21, 2017
Time: 11:00 a.m. PST
Speakers: Jason Craig, Manager, Government Affairs, C.H. Robinson
Luke Gowdy, General Manager, Sourcing, C.H. Robinson
Jason Resnick (moderator), Vice President & General Counsel, Western Growers
RSVP: To attend, please register here.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento. Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.