In a report released last month, California was among the states where Equal Employment Opportunity charges are most likely to be filed and training needs are the highest.
The EEOC–Initiated Litigation report was co-authored by Gerald Maatman, Jr., an attorney with Seyfarth Shaw in Chicago and New York City. Some key results are as follows:
- The highest number of national-origin discrimination charges were filed in Florida at 1,353, with California following at 1,101 and Arizona at 382.
- Gender discrimination charges were high in California with 1,705 claims.
- Disability discrimination charges are an issue in California with 1,988 claims and in Arizona with 908 claims.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Training is often pushed to the bottom of the priority list because it is difficult to see how it impacts the bottom line. However, when looked at from a loss prevention or risk management perspective, it is easier to see the value in how training can help mitigate issues and prevent costly charges from being raised against your company. Additionally, EEO training supports an ethical and safe environment for your employees.
Western Growers can help you stay up-to-date with your training so you can be guarded against potential claims. We have dedicated team members who can discuss your particular needs based on your region and your staff. Additionally, all of our trainers have met the mandated requirements for training, helping you stay in compliance with state and federal regulations.
Did you know that Sexual Harassment Training by a certified provider is required every two years?
Training provided through Western Growers satisfies the legal requirements because it is offered by an attorney, law professor or Human Resources professionals. Our trainer, as required by AB 1825, has two or more year’s practical experience in at least one or more of the following:
- Designing or conducting discrimination, retaliation and sexual harassment prevention training;
- Responding to sexual harassment or other discrimination complaints;
- Conducting investigations of sexual harassment complaints; or
- Advising employers or employees regarding discrimination, retaliation and sexual harassment prevention.
Did you know that Western Growers offers public sessions across California and Arizona and can also provide training on-site?
Our next sessions will be in California:
February 23, 2016 – 10:00am to 12:00pm (English) RSVP here.
February 23, 2016 – 2:00pm to 4:00pm (Spanish) Session is full. RSVP for waitlist here.
Western Growers members: $50 per attendee
Non-members: $70 per attendee
Space is limited, so register today!
For more information, please contact Adriana Robles at (949) 885-2297.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.