The digital edition of the newest Western Grower & Shipper Magazine is now available at https://online.flippingbook.com/view/585757967/.
This March/April 2022 edition includes stories and columns that provide an in-depth analysis on topics affecting the agricultural industry – everything from supply chain pressures and battling PAGA extortion to ag water management evolution and ensuring a healthy future for the ag workforce.
Below is a sampling of the columns and stories included in the Mar/April 2022 edition of Western Grower & Shipper Magazine:
- President’s Notes: A Resilient American Food System
“We can all learn from the COVID crisis to better anticipate and plan for future crises impacting American food production and supply chains. We will not, however, consent to attempts to redefine the very things that provide food system resilience—private property ownership, private investment and risk capital, and the forces of a free market—as vulnerabilities that demand ‘food system reform.’” Read more.
- In-Depth Analysis:
- C.H. Robinson Predicts Supply Chain Pressures to Ease in 2022
- Battling PAGA Extortion Through Proactive Risk Management
- Shipper Steps to Take When Verifying a Potential Rejection
- Agricultural Water Management Evolution
- Does Your Company Need an Employer Handbook?
- Ensuring a Healthy Future for the Agricultural Industry
- COVID-19 and Advocacy in California
- Mental Health Awareness: A Community Approach is Vital to Saving Lives
- Tech Corner:
- Western Growers HarvestWiki: Built by Growers to Help Agtech Startups
- AgTechX Events Advance Workforce Development and Food Safety Tech
- WGCIT Startup ChysaLabs: Eliminating the Guesswork When it Comes to Soil Health
- Research & Innovation are at Bayer’s Core
- Member Highlights:
- WG Member Profile: Homegrown Organic Farms
- WG Women Profile: Sarah McClarty
- The Farmer’s Second Job: Being an Agricultural Advocate
As farmers retire, one question arises: who will pick up the “agvocacy baton” and continue to fight for the future of agriculture? The next generation will. Read more.
Click here to read the full edition of Western Grower & Shipper Magazine.
Click here to download the March/April 2022 edition as a PDF.
All WG members will receive a hard copy of the magazine within the next two weeks. For questions, contact Stephanie Metzinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.