January 1, 2018, rang in a host of new California employment laws. Whether you own and operate a company in California or you just do business here, you need to be aware of these new laws. Western Growers will be hosting a webinar on February 7 to help members get in compliance with the new California labor and employment laws.
This webinar will cover:
- The new Parent Leave Act
- Changes in the minimum wage and minimum salary for exempt employees
- New law for handling immigration agency inspections and investigations
- New obligations on employers to prevent and correct discrimination and harassment
- New law on preventing salary history in hiring
- California’s new “ban the box” law
- New guidelines concerning transgender employees
- Expanded Labor Commissioner authority
- And more!
2018 California Employment Law Update Webinar
Date: Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Time: 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. PST
Speaker: Jason Resnick, Vice President and General Counsel. Bio.
Stay tuned to Spotlight for details about registration.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.