The Organic Growers Summit (OGS) will be held tomorrow and Thursday in Monterey, Calif., and all interested attendees can register on-site at the conference.
As this year’s primary sponsor, Western Growers (WG) will play a key role in numerous event activities that focus on innovation and scaling growing operations:
Wednesday, December 1
- A two-part Educational Intensive section on SmartFarm:
- 8:00 – 8:50 a.m.– “SmartFarm – AgTech in the Field” will feature Bart Walker, President of Pacific Ag Rentals, moderating a panel with three startups, including WG Center for Innovation & Technology startup Farmwise
- 9:00 – 9:50 a.m.– “SmartFarm – AgSharks” will feature five of the AgSharks presenting their solutions to OGS attendees:
- Bruce Caldwell, 3Bar Biologics
- Jamie Bacher, Boost Biomes
- Don Lewis, Naio Technologies
- Clark Easter, Global Water Innovations
- Charlie Andersen, Burro
Thursday, December 2
- 9:00 – 9:50 a.m. – “Are Regenerative and Sustainability Labeling Good for Organics” Educational Session will be moderated by WG Vice President of Innovation Walt Duflock with panelists Vonnie Estes (Produce Marketing Association) and Seana Day (Culterrra Capital)
- 10:30 – 12:00 a.m. – “Next-Gen: A Conversation with the Next Generation of Organic Leaders” Keynote Presentation will be moderated by WG President/CEO Dave Puglia with the following panelists:
- Bianca Kaprielian, Fruit World
- Keith Barnard, Mission Produce
- Mike Valpredo, County Sweet Produce
- Vic Smith, a WG Board Member and Former Chairman, will be given the Grower of the Year Award
Click here for the full schedule. The conference will take place at Hyatt Regency Monterey, 1 Old Golf Course Road Monterey, California 93940; all on-site registration will be held in the Hyatt Conference Center Foyer at the hotel.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.