Between Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, Western Growers’ social media platforms effectively educated consumers and key government officials about issues surrounding the specialty crop industry this year.
This year, Facebook continued to be the crown jewel of WG’s social media efforts, with a 730 percent increase in post reach, 275 percent increase in engagement and 99 percent increase in fan growth. On Instagram, stunning images from the farm garnered more than 21,000 interactions (likes, comments, shares) – an 83 percent increase from last year. Additionally, WG grew its Twitter account by 15 percent in 2021 through a series of compelling infographics about California agriculture.
Here are WG’s most popular social media by number of reach:
- Compilation of how fruits and vegetables are harvested in the Farm Fresh: Harvesting video [Facebook]
- Braga Fresh Family Farms’ iceberg lettuce demonstration [Facebook]
- Behind-the-scenes look at processing in the Farm Fresh: Processing video [Facebook]
- Breathtaking image depicting California Dreamin’ [Instagram]
- No Water = No Crops video showcasing the impact water restrictions are having on farm operations [Twitter]
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.