Last week, several hundred farmers and produce industry stakeholders gathered at The Venetian Resort in Las Vegas for the Western Growers 2022 Annual Meeting.
The four-day event was filled with top-of-the-line educational sessions, exciting networking and social events and compelling keynote addresses. Below were a few of this year’s highlights:
- Keynote speakers, including Admiral William McRaven; Karl Rove; and Jennifer Sey
- Informational panels, including “When Family Farms Give Way to Outsiders” and “The Promises and Challenges of New Breeding Technologies”
- Western Growers and S2G Ventures announced the winner of the 2022 AgSharks® Pitch Competition, with Nutjobs earning a record equity investment offer of $6 million from the event's judges. You can read the full press release here.
- Entertainment from Super Diamond and a performance in the classic style of the Rat Pack.
- The Award of Honor Dinner Gala, which honored agricultural icon John Harris.
- Western Growers' traditional Golf Tournament & Lunch at the Revere Golf Course.
You can view some event images posted on Western Growers’ Facebook page here.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.