Mark your calendar to join Western Growers in Winterhaven on January 8, 2019, for the 2019 Yuma/Winterhaven H-2A Stakeholder Meeting. Experts from government and the industry will hold round table discussions on important issues such as H-2A Driver Transportation, housing issues, expanding the use of H-2A beyond field harvest work and more!
Experts from Government and Industry:
- Western Growers
- California Highway Patrol
- Department of Labor – Wage and Hour Division
- State of Arizona Department of Economic
- Security- Employment Services (DES)
- State of California Employment Development Department (EDD)
- Malitz Law Inc.
- The Saqui Law Group
- Expanding the use of H-2A beyond field harvest work (Secondary Ag)
- H-2A Driver Transportation Issues
- Avoiding costly mistakes when dealing with referrals from the SWA (EDD/DES) on your job order
- Rejections of your H-2A job order (790) by the SWA (EDD/DES) – issues and best practices
- Housing issues and concerns
- And other important issues!
Date: Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Location: Quechan Casino – 525 Algodones Road, Winterhaven, CA 92283
RSVP: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
For more information, please contact Jason Resnick at jresnick@WGA.com or (949) 885-2253.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.