On February 27, the next generation of farmers will come together to have an in-depth discussion about the challenges currently faced on the farm and the possibilities of the agricultural technology. The “Power Breakfast: AgTech - View from the Farm” event features a panel of future farming leaders in the Arizona region who will share insight on how agriculture and technology are coming together.
The panelists include the following:
- Sean Duncan, Duncan Family Farms
- Steve Martori Jr., Martori Farms
- Trey Rodriguez, The Growers Company, Inc.
- Kami Weddle, Rousseau Farming Company
This event is part of Western Growers’ ongoing relationship with the Phoenix Business Journal and Silicon Valley Business Journal to help determine how technology can help farmers produce more crops with less resources. Last year, Western Growers and the Silicon Valley Business Journal brought this Power Breakfast series to Gilroy, Calif. where the next generation of local farmers spoke about everything from big data to regulations.
This February 27 event will cover topics such as the following:
- What's working and what connections are the agribusiness companies missing?
- Why aren't many larger tech companies involved in agtech? What's holding them back?
- How will growers engage these tech companies?
- What is transforming enhanced productivity and product safety?
Power Breakfast: AgTech - View from the Farm
Date: Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Time: 7:30am –9:30am
Location: Arizona Commerce Authority (118 N 7th Ave #400, Phoenix, AZ 85007)
RSVP: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.