Western Growers and C.H. Robinson will overview the impact of Electronic Logging Devices (ELDs) on refrigerated transportation and will highlight the new ELD mandate that goes into effect on December 18, 2017.
The webinar will highlight the impact of ELD units on the day-to-day operation, as well as provide tips on how to be a “shipper of choice.” The webinar will cover the following topics:
- Explanation of Hours of Service Regulations.
- Description of the ELD unit, including a demonstration of how it works and what it records.
- Information about how and when the ELD requirement will go into effect.
- Description of what police and weigh station personnel may access from the ELD.
- Impact of ELDs, with respect to enforcement of Hours of Service Regulations.
- Potential penalties for noncompliance.
- Tips for shippers to minimize the impact of the ELD requirement.
Join Western Growers
Western Growers members care deeply for the food they grow, the land they sustain, the people they employ, and the community in which they live.