Western Growers and AgSafe will be hosting a series of two-day workshops to assist fresh produce companies in meeting training requirements under the FDA's Produce Safety Rule: Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing, and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption
AgSafe/Western Growers Members: $360 | Non-Members: $435
Both Days: Members $485 Non-Members: $585
AgSafe/Western Growers Members: $175 | Non-Members: $205
Group Rate: $160 each participant (Day 2 Only)
8:00am - 5:00pm - ENGLISH
Who Should Attend?
Fruit and vegetable growers and others interested in learning about produce safety, the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Safety Rule, Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs), and co-management of natural resources and food safety. The PSA Grower Training Course is one way to satisfy the FSMA Produce Safety Rule requirement outlined in § 112.22(c) that requires 'At least one supervisor or responsible party for your farm must have successfully completed food safety training at least equivalent to that received under standardized curriculum recognized as adequate by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Introduction to Produce Safety
- Worker Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Soil Amendments, Wildlife, Domesticated Animals, and Land Use
- Agricultural Water (Part I: Production Water; Part II: Post-harvest Water)
- Post-harvest Handling and Sanitation
- How to Develop a Farm Food Safety Plan
Participants who successfully complete Day One will be eligible to receive a certificate of completion from the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO)
8:00am - 12:00pm - ENGLISH
1:00pm - 5:00pm - SPANISH
Who Should Attend?
Employees who share in the responsibility of executing your company's food safety program are strongly encouraged to attend this course.
This course will provide the following:
- Tools to identify key requirements of the FDA's Produce Safety Rule.
- Practical resources to facilitate the rule's implementation.
- A better understanding of compliance dates and exemptions.
- Resources to develop or update a food safety plan and robust training program.
Discounted rates are available for groups of 3 for Day 2.
Join Western Growers
Western Growers members care deeply for the food they grow, the land they sustain, the people they employ, and the community in which they live.