For 95 years, Western Growers (WG) has voraciously advocated on behalf the fresh produce industry and created a suite of resources to support specialty crop farmers. This includes offering health benefits for the agricultural industry, creating tailored risk management solutions, guiding farmers through the tangled web of H-2A, being a trusted resource during foodborne outbreaks and so much more. Beneath all these resources, however, lies the engine that fuels these support services: WG employees.
One employee, in particular, was recently honored for his tenacity in serving WG member farmers. Huy Truong, who serves as a Covered California for Small Business Financial Specialist at Pinnacle Claims Management Inc, was named WG’s Employees’ Choice Award recipient in October. Truong has worked at the company for nearly five years, handling everything from managing complex account reconciliations and resolving technical problems to generating ad hoc reports for special projects and actively assisting team members to achieve common goals for the organization.
An Inside Look at Huy Truong:
- First WG Memory: My first Christmas at the company. During that holiday season, we had non-stop activities that completely transformed the workplace. Nothing but smiles filled the building.
- Life Mantra: Learn by doing (yes, I’m a Bronco from Cal Poly Pomona)
- Biggest Accomplishment: Graduating from college (with a bachelor’s degree in computer information systems). I remember just how proud my parents were of me.
- Hobbies: Camping at national parks, photography and building computers.
- Fun Facts:
- I am an action figure and statue collector.
- I used to play classical guitar when I was in middle school. In fact, I was a bass guitarist for the band at the same time.
- I started out at WG as a temporary employee (this was my first job out of college!) After three months, I was made a permanent employee for a Financial Specialist II position and have since been promoted to a Financial Specialist III.
Join Western Growers
Western Growers members care deeply for the food they grow, the land they sustain, the people they employ, and the community in which they live.