The Agricultural Personnel Management Association (APMA) is hosting a three-day in-depth educational certificate program, educating individuals on navigating the complex H-2A program. Taking into account the costly ramifications and adverse consequence of misusing the H-2A program for employees, businesses and the industry, the H-2A Certificate Program will provide vital information on the H-2A Temporary Agricultural Workers Visa Program.
Western Growers Vice President and General Counsel Jason Resnick, who has 15 years of experience in assisting members with accessing the H-2A program, is both a curriculum contributor and presenter for this program.
Designed for both the novice and experienced H-2A users, the program will cover the following topics:
- Assessing your H-2A Needs
- The Details and Overview of the H-2A Program
- Preparing the Job Order
- H-2A—Filing the DOL ETA-790, ETA-9142A
- H-2ALC—Farm Labor Contractor Requirements
- Housing, Transportation, and Food Service
- Dealing with the government agencies involved with the program: SWA, State of CA HCD, DOL ETA/CNPC, USCIS, DOS-Consulates, US CBP, Social Security and DOL Wage and Hour
- H-2A Implications for Workers’ Compensation
- Accounting, Tax Issues, and Benefits
- Audits & Investigations
- Special Circumstances
- Best Practices & Avoiding Pitfalls
APMA H-2A CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
Date: May 5-7, 2020
Location: Monterey Tides Hotel—La Grande Ballroom
2600 Sand Dunes Drive, Monterey CA, 93940
Space is limited. Participants must pre-register to attend and will receive a certificate for attending the program. Click here for more information on the H-2A Certificate Program.