January 1, 2018, rang in a host of new California employment laws. Whether you own and operate a company in California or you just do business here, you need to be aware of these new laws. Western Growers will be hosting a webinar on February 7 to help members get in compliance with the new California labor and employment laws.
This webinar will cover:
- The new Parent Leave Act
- Changes in the minimum wage and minimum salary for exempt employees
- New law for handling immigration agency inspections and investigations
- New obligations on employers to prevent and correct discrimination and harassment
- New law on preventing salary history in hiring
- California’s new “ban the box” law
- New guidelines concerning transgender employees
- Expanded Labor Commissioner authority
- And more!
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.