A new AB 1513 Safe Harbor Town Hall in the Imperial Valley has been added to the series of town halls previously announced last week. The town hall will take place on Tuesday, October 18, 2016, at 9:00 A.M. at the Farm Credit Ag Center, 485 Business Pkwy, Imperial, CA 92251.
As with the other town halls, the event in Imperial is designed to provide important insights from legal experts and fellow employers to help you reduce your risk of liability, and overcome the technical compliance challenges of AB 1513’s safe harbor provisions.
- Timing of issuing back payments
- Required backup documentation
- Working with farm labor contractors to perfect safe harbor compliance
- Required due diligence for locating eligible workers
- Utilizing multiple methods of calculating back payments
- Submitting back payments to the labor commissioner’s Unpaid Wage Fund
- Dealing with stale checks
Complimentary juice, coffee, and fruit will be offered during break services at each event.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.