Next week, Western Growers members will have the opportunity to hear from some of the most innovative minds in agriculture and technology about the latest trends that will shape the food safety systems of the future. Join us for AgTechx at the King City Fairgrounds on Thursday, August 22, 2019, as we explore everything from preventive controls to the elusive kill step.
This event will feature three in-depth panels on the following topics:
- Testing: What are the challenges with testing (water, facilities, product), what is the latest research, and what tools are emerging?
- Data: How do we harness data and put it to the best use of industry, academics and government without harming individual operators or regions?
- Killing Bacteria: What are the latest technologies and science behind killing pathogenic bacteria and how well do they work?
Craig Wilson, Vice President of Quality Control & Food Safety at Costco Wholesale, will also provide an insightful keynote address on food safety, technology and the retail industry. He will be joined by a cadre of academics, technologists and growers to learn and exchange ideas on how technology can help us enhance the safety of our food supply.
Speakers and panelists include the following:
- Jim Byron, CEO, NanoReagents LLC & Xgenex Labs LLC
- Dennis Donohue, Director, Center for Innovation & Technology, Western Growers
- Sammy Duda, Senior VP of National Operations at A. Duda & Sons, Inc.
- Bonnie Fernandez-Fenaroli, Executive Director, Center for Produce Safety
- Gregory Fridman, CEO, AAPlasma LLC
- Hank Giclas, Senior Vice President, Science, Tech. & Strategic Planning, Western Growers
- David Gill, Owner, Gills Onions
- Harold McClarty, Owner, HMC Farms
- Nitin Nitin, Professor, University of California, Davis
- Steve Patricio, President, Westside Produce
- Channah Rock, Professor and Water Quality Extension Specialist, University of Arizona
- Claudia Röessler, Director Agriculture Strategic Partnerships, Microsoft
- Diane R. Wetherington, CEO, iFoodDecisionSciences, Inc.
- Martin Wiedmann, Gellert Family Professor in Food Safety, Cornell University
AgTechx – King City
- Date: Thursday, August 22, 2019
- Time: 11:00am - 4:15pm PDT
- Location: King City Fairgrounds (625 Division St., King City, CA 93930)
- Register: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
This event is sponsored by Netafim, Lightning Technologies and King City Young Farmers, with support from Bayer, RDO and Farm Credit. For questions, contact Hank Giclas at (949) 885-2205 or Dennis Donohue at (831) 594-4883.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.