The Agricultural Personnel Management Association (APMA) will be offering Human Resource Series for Supervisors, a nine-course Certificate Program designed specifically for Agricultural Supervisors. Classes, which begin on April 27, are currently offered in Spanish and can be taken individually or as part of a curriculum leading to a certificate.
The program will offer critical information in areas of ag laws and regulations, human resources, safety, food safety, workers’ compensation, management, and training skills. Participants will also receive leadership development training for managing employees – from motivation to discipline. Graduates of the program will be able to understand laws and regulations pertinent to the ag industry, identify issues, respond properly and timely to employee complaints and inquiries, and interpret and apply company policies.
Location: Grower-Shipper Association Conference Room - 512 Pajaro Street, Salinas, CA 93901
Time: 9 AM - 12 PM PDT
- April 27, 2017 - 101: Intro to HR: Recruitment, Selection and Retention - Procedures, Forms, & Immigration Compliance
- May 17, 2017 - 103: Compensation & Benefits, Wage & Hour Regulatory Compliance
- June 7, 2017 - 105: Safety, Accident Reporting, OSHA Regulations
- June 21, 2017 - 108: Food Safety and Social Compliance
- July 12, 2017 - 102: Regulatory Compliance & Company Policies
- August 9, 2017 - 106: Workers' Compensation
- August 23, 2017 - 104: Handling Discipline & Discharge, Preventing Violence and Harassment in the Workplace
- September 13, 2017 - 109: Leadership Development and Training
- September 27, 2017 - 107: Labor Relations and Employee Communications
- $95/members and $125/non-members per class
- Full program registration: $800/members and $1050/non-members
- 3 or more from the same company: $700/member and $950/non-members
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.