By Jeff Gullickson, President, Western Growers Insurance Services
Over the past five years, I’ve had the distinct pleasure of meeting and working with a number of our members. As president of Western Growers Insurance Services, I’ve also been able to fully immerse myself in the capabilities of our association and its resources.
As a result of this combined experience, we’ve managed to leverage the association’s intellectual capital with contacts in the insurance industry to better serve the agriculture community with expertise, resources, and solutions to help you grow. Our unique position allows us to treat you as members, not just prospects or clients.
We’ve evolved a great deal over this period. We’ve added significant talent and created domain expertise in the agribusiness and food sectors. Beyond our standard brokerage-services such as workers' compensation, property, and liability insurance placement, we have also increased our capabilities to include everything from predictive modeling and claims data analytics to employee education and health management tools.
The result of these improvements has been our ability to create meaningful and economically beneficial solutions to help you reduce and manage costs, mitigate financial risks, improve employee health and well-being, and position yourself as an employer of choice.
With nearly a century of agricultural history, we’re just getting started. We’ll continue to invest and grow to maintain our leadership position in the agriculture and food space. And we remain committed to delivering quality service, providing you and your business the peace of mind you expect, now.
Here are a few of the best-in-class solutions YOU have access to:
• Connected Worker Program: Four years in the making, we’ve created unique injury-avoidance technology to help your workers avoid injury, keep your claims down and offer you pricing advantages for your workers’ compensation insurance.
• Supply Chain Risk Management: We’ve heard your frustrations with what coverages are available regarding recall and contamination. So, we created an educational process to ensure all parties learn where there is the best chance of coverage and where there is not. We help you understand the strength and weaknesses of each carrier’s coverage. In addition, we are rolling out a technology solution to manage supply chain risk later this year.
• Employee Benefits: Many of you are aware of the Assurance Trust offering that has been around for decades. What you may not know is we’ve developed new capabilities around employee benefits over the past year. With our sister company, Pinnacle, we now offer analytical capabilities, specialized resources, and funding options to help you find solutions when the Trust is not a good fit for your needs, as well as help you maximize the Trust’s impact if you do choose to use it.
• Management Liability: As with recall/contamination exposures and coverage, this is a highly misunderstood and underserviced area of exposure. You have financial risk as an employer, and we can help you identify and manage that risk as it relates to partnerships, technology, ransomware, and more with our best-in-class solution.
• Mergers and Acquisitions: Whether you find yourself on the buy or sell side, should you decide to take on either private equity partners or take your company public, we can help manage the risk associated with these transactions.
Join Western Growers
Western Growers members care deeply for the food they grow, the land they sustain, the people they employ, and the community in which they live.