The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is now accepting nominations for Farm Service Agency (FSA) county committee members. Nominations for the 2023 election will need to be postmarked or received in the local FSA office by Aug. 1, 2023, and the elections will occur later this year.
Nominations are open for those who participate or cooperate in a USDA program and live in the Local Administrative Areas (LAA) that are up for election. LAAs are elective areas for FSA committees in a single county or multi-county jurisdiction. Individuals can locate their LAA through a new GIS locator tool available here.
Producers should contact their local FSA office to register and find out how to get involved in their county’s election, including if their LAA is up for election this year.
For more information about the FSA county committee elections and specific nomination forms, click here.
Important Election Dates
- June 15, 2023: The nomination period begins.
- Aug. 1, 2023: Last day to file nomination forms.
- Nov. 6, 2023: Ballots mailed to eligible voters.
- Dec. 4, 2023: Last day to return completed ballots to the USDA Service Center.
- Jan. 1, 2024: Newly elected county committee members take office.