Our thoughts are with the Western Growers Assurance Trust (WGAT) participants and their families who were affected by the recent Southern California fires in the counties of Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange County and surrounding areas.
If you or your covered family members are WGAT participants and residents of the affected counties who experienced the fires, the following resources are available now through January 5, 2018:
- WGAT participants living in the affected areas can seek emergency or urgent care services by their choice of doctors and hospitals and the claims will be covered as if they are in-network.
- There will be no late penalties incurred for those who need prior-authorizations, pre-certification or referral requirements – time limits have been relaxed.
- If you have lost or damaged medication, you can go to any pharmacy now to get your medication refilled. If you have any questions, you may contact the PinnacleRx Solutions customer service line at (877) 782-9658.
- If your medical equipment (also called Durable Medical Equipment or DME) was lost or damaged, you can get a replacement.
- You and your doctors will be given more time to file health claims, if needed.
If you have any questions regarding these fire-relief services or need to make any of the above adjustments to your benefits, you may contact the WGAT customer service line at (800) 777-7898.
These benefits apply to all WGAT participants in the affected areas but does not apply to Medicare Advantage members who have their own guidelines. Again, if you are a WGAT participant and were affected by these tragic fires, you are in our thoughts and we hope these benefit adjustments provide you some amount of relief at this time.