This webinar will explore and evaluate the underlying fundamentals of water law and policy in California, with a brief comparison to water laws applicable in Arizona. Participants will learn the essential elements of water management laws, including:
• the types of property rights applied to water;
• the demarcation between public and private interests in water resources;
• the different legal regimes applied to surface water and groundwater and how the two are coordinated;
• federal versus state authority in water management; and
• the various legal institutions that govern the use of water.
The webinar will also review the significant present concerns and issues pertaining to water use in California and Arizona.
Sponsored by Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
Presenters: Kenneth Khachigian, Senior Partner, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
Moderator: Jason Resnick, Vice President and General Counsel, Western Growers