The leafy green sector continues to address challenges associated with the current leafy greens food safety landscape. Industry-wide collaborative efforts across government entities, trade associations, universities, and individual companies are imperative to address produce safety challenges.
In this webinar, Western Growers, Arizona and California Leafy Greens Marketing Agreements, Monterey County Farm Bureau, Yuma Safe Produce Council, and University of California at Davis will discuss current food safety initiatives and activities.
This webinar will contain valuable insight regarding:
- Western Growers' Initiatives
- California and Arizona LGMA's Activities
- Local Initiatives
- California Longitudinal Study Overview
This webinar will allow an opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback on current work and initiatives. Register today!
Webinar - Leafy Greens Industry Ongoing Efforts
Date: Monday, May 10, 2021
Time: 10:00AM - 11:00AM (PT)
- Amanda Brooks, Executive Board Member, Yuma Safe Produce Council
- De Ann Davis, SVP Science, Western Growers
- Norm Groot, Executive Director, Monterey County Farm Bureau Greg Komar, Technical Director, CA LGMA
- Michele Jay-Russell, WIFSS Liaison and Program Manager, Western Center for Food Safety/UC Davis
- Greg Komar, Technical Director, CA LGMA
- Teressa Lopez, Food Safety Committee Administrator, AZ LGMA
- Sonia Salas, AVP Science, Western Growers
- Vicki Scott, Technical Assistant, AZ LGMA
- Tim York, CEO, CA LGMA
RSVP: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
This webinar is part 2 of the’ “Government and Industry Responses to Leafy Green Outbreaks Two-Part Webinar Series.” Western Growers, in collaboration with the California and Arizona LGMAs, created this webinar series to provide an opportunity for the leafy greens industry and government to discuss the latest investigative report on the fall 2020 outbreak of E.coli O157:H7 illnesses linked to leafy greens’ consumption and the updated Leafy Greens Shiga-toxin producing E.coli Action Plan.
Part 1—Latest Outbreak Investigation Webinar: Highlights, Findings, Recommendations, and Future Government Activities—was held on April 21, 2021, and featured speakers from the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, California Department of Food and Agriculture, and California Department of Public Health.
For more information about this two-part webinar series, contact Western Growers’ Science department at email@example.com.
Start Growing Today
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees.