Agricultural Personnel Management Association (APMA) in partnership with Western Growers is pleased to offer Human Resource Professional in Agriculture (HRPA) Certificate program classes in Salinas starting on April 19, 2018.
About HRPA Program
HRPA Certificate Program has a unique focus on agriculture and incorporates a wide range of topics that will help HR professionals advance to the next level. It was developed and is now being presented by leading professionals and consultants in the agricultural field. The program is designed for working adults, with classes scheduled strategically to minimize disruption to your work - eight core courses are required for the program certificate and designation, along with one elective course and may be completed in any sequence. Classes can be taken individually or as part of a curriculum leading to a certificate and designation. Graduates of this program can use a prestigious designation of HRPA™, Human Resource Professional in Agriculture. We invite all HR professionals to complete this program and stay current on important issues ranging from legal compliance to employee relations.
As an introduction to Human Resource Management (HRM), this survey course provides an overview of basic elements, including understanding the functions of HRM in an organization, typical designs of HRM departments, the responsibilities of HRM personnel, various roles HRM specialists have, and career options for prospective HRM employees.
- Typical HRM functions within an organization such as job analysis, recruitment and selection, organizational change, training and development, performance management, compensation/ benefits, safety and health, collective bargaining, internal employee relations, and legal aspects of HRM
- HRM as a business partner
- Purpose of HRM in an organizational environment
- Expectations of CEOs and CFOs for HRM departments
- Designs and structures of HRM/ Personnel departments
- Importance of HRM in employee/ labor relations
- Careers and specialties in HR
2018 HRPA Salinas Schedule
- April 19, 2018 - HR 101: Elements of Human Resource Management
- May 2, 2018 - HR 102: Intro to Labor and Employment Laws
- May 17, 2018 - HR 103: Recruitment, Selection & Retention
- May 30, 2018 - HR 104: Managing Employee Compensation
- June 7, 2018 - HR 105: Managing Employee Benefit Programs
- June 27, 2018 - HR 106: Human Resource Development
- TBD - HR 107: Information and Cost Analysis in HR Management
- August 22, 2018 - HR 108: Management and Leadership for HRM Professionals
- TBD - Elective
Grower-Shipper Conference Room
512 Pajaro Street
Salinas, CA 93901
Cost Per Class
Member | $150
Non-Member | $195
Full program registration available here.
APMA is recognized by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP™ or SHRM-SCP™. Each class is valid for 6 PDCs for the SHRM-CP™or SHRM-SCP™.
For more information, contact Julia Belliard at 831.422.8023.
Join Western Growers
Western Growers members care deeply for the food they grow, the land they sustain, the people they employ, and the community in which they live.