The Agricultural Personnel Management Association (APMA) is excited to offer the certificate program for the H-2A Temporary Agricultural Workers Visa Program. This educational certificate program is designed to broaden your knowledge and better navigate the complex H-2A program for the novice and experienced H-2A user.
Western Growers H-2A Service’s Jason Resnick will be teaching several of the sessions.
Avoid costly ramifications for misusing the H-2A program and protect your employees and your business today! For more information about the program and to register, click here.
For more information about Western Growers H-2A Services, click here.
Where: The first eight sessions will be offered through Zoom, and the final session will be in-person and will include a graduation certification presentation. Location will be announced.
When: All sessions will be held on Wednesdays starting at 10 am PDT.
August 2, 2023 – Session 1
- Deciding if the H-2A Program is What You Need
- Preparing the Job Order
- Filing the DOL ETA-790, ETA-9142A
August 9, 2023 – Session 2
- Obligations, Assurances & Guarantees
August 16, 2023 – Session 3
- The Details and Practical Considerations
August 23, 2023 – Session 4
- H-2ALC — Farm Labor Contractor
August 30, 2023 – Session 5
- Housing, Transportation, and Food Service
September 6, 2023 – Session 6
- Workers’ Compensation
- Adverse Effect Wage Rates (AEWRs) & Litigation Update
September 13, 2023 – Session 7
- Accounting, Tax Issues & Benefits
September 20, 2023 – Session 8
- Audits and Investigations
- Special Circumstances
September 27, 2023 – Session 9 (In-person)
- Best Practices & Final Comments
- Graduation Ceremony
*Participants must attend sessions 1-8 to receive the certificate.