Grow with Western Growers
Farming has never been more challenging, which is why Western Growers invests in fully committed advocates – your advocates – in Sacramento. Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. Only Western Growers offers members so many business services, supported by more than 400 dedicated employees. From health benefits to property and casualty insurance, investment management to labor services, HR training to food safety guidance and much more, the Western Growers Family of Companies is here for you.
Save 50% on your first year's membership - Ends August 6, 2018
Use discount code (case sensitive): VALLEY
From Our Members
- Our Professional Compensation and HR Practices Surveys collect and measure the regional specialty ag data you need to make budget and planning decisions to help you attract and keep top talent at your company. You must be a member to participate or purchase results, and participants get data for free.
Contact Karen Timmins
- The Personnel Procedures Manual provides members the latest employment policies and procedures to stay compliant with state and federal law.
Contact Karen Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-885-2254
- Our HR/Legal Hotline offers members one-on-one guidance about employment law and HR-related questions.
Call the HR/Legal Hotline at 877-942-4529
- Our Science & Tech team of nationally known experts in the produce-related field work with committees in D.C., regulators, legislators, universities, scientists and more to cultivate the best in leading edge ag innovation for our members.
- We spearheaded the development of the Leafty Green Marketing Agreement. Now, we're working to take that agreement nationwide.
- Monthly Lunch and Learn webinars help members stay up to speed on key issues such as food safety developments, FSMA, water quality regulation, nutrition management and more.
- Contact Hank Giclas.
We have in-house and contracted lobbyists in Sacramento, Phoenix and Washington, D.C., fighting for our members on issues such as
- water supply
- food safety, food security, sustainability
- union-backed legislation
- environmental regulatory issues (pesticide use, water quality, air quality management, etc.)
- occupational safety and health regulatory issues (heat illness, tractor safety, etc.)
- Health Care Reform
- pest prevention and management
- climate change
- federal farm policy, including the Farm Bill
- We offer investment services for both businesses and individuals — retirement planning, 401(k) retirement plans for your employees, generational transfers, bilingual education and support for employees and more.
Contact: Matt Lewis at 949-885-2379
We help members access the H-2A temporary worker program by
- completing paperwork
- filing applications
- interfacing with state workforce agencies, the U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Customs and Immigration Services and Department of State.
Contact Jason Resnick at 949-885-2253
- We focus on media relations to strategically boost WG members’ public policy objectives.
- We publish Spotlight twice weekly and WG&S Magazine monthly to keep members informed on critical industry news.
Contact Cory Lunde at 949-885-2264
- The Western Growers Transportation Program leverages our relationship with one of the largest logistics companies, C.H. Robinson, to offer members-only pricing and increased capacity to transport produce.
- Combines the freight volume of WG members to attract a robust cost- and energy-effective transportation solution.
- Transportation solutions are customized to meet your unique business requirements.
Contact Ken Gilliland at 949-885-2267
We provide customized, bilingual training when and where you need it.
- Leadership Skills
- Harassment, Discrimination and Abusive Conduct Prevention
- HR and Employment Law
- Supervisory Skills
- PACA Rights and Remedies
- Safety and Risk Management
Contact Adriana Robles at 949-885-2297
- We provide assistance with international trade negotiations and issues related to export, transportation and logistics.
Contact Ken Gilliland at 949-885-2267
- Our goal is to create and sustain an edible garden in every willing California and Arizona school.
- We strive to create healthy farms, food and individuals. Western Growers Foundation promotes sound science, food safety and nutrition education.
- Direct sales force for Western Growers Assurance Trust, the largest provider of health benefits for the ag industry.
- Full Service Broker: Health Benefits, Property & Casualty, Workers’ Compensation and Personal Lines.
- Loss Control/Safety Services (training for heat illness prevention/equipment/first aid, onsite inspections and more).
- Health Care Reform guidance, proprietary tracking and reporting tools and consultation to ensure ACA compliance.
Contact Jeff Gullickson at 800-333-4942
- We assist members in collections on both slow paying and disputed sales contracts.
- We offer guidance and support in PACA (Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act) trust actions, contract reviews and more.
Contact Ken Gilliland or Matt McInerney or subscribe to the blog for industry news and updates Produce Insights