The California Agricultural Leadership Foundation (CALF) has opened the first phase of the selection process for the 53rd class of their leadership program.
Individuals who are mid-career farmers, ranchers, horticulturalists, foresters and/or individuals working in other areas of California’s agricultural industry are encouraged to apply if they have the following characteristics:
- Self-Awareness – An ability to learn from failure, recognize strengths and weaknesses, and be aware of impact on others.
- Maturity – Be able to articulate personal and professional goals, identify steps to achieve goals, have confidence while being humble about areas where skills can be built or improved, and takes responsibility for actions.
- Global Perspectives – Stays informed about national and global issues and sees connections to how those issues apply to California agriculture.
- Open-Mindedness – Has tolerance for different viewpoints, have a curiosity about others and their beliefs.
- Work/Life Timing – Be able to devote their full attention to the program.
- Propensity to Serve – Has a pattern of giving back to the community.
- Leadership Qualities – Has a positive influence on others, demonstrates actions that inspires others and sees the values that others provide to accomplish things that can’t be done alone.
To apply, visit Class 53 Application & Informational Events . Applications are due by April 19, 2023.
For more information, visit CALF’s FAQ page here CALF-Program-FAQs-Jan2023 or contact CALF Programs Manager Judy Sparacino at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-585-1030.