As wildfires continue to run rampant in California, numerous state agencies are on-hand to support employers in implementing enhanced workplace safety measures. It is important to remember that wildfire smoke and subsequent cleanup efforts present unique workplace hazards for agricultural workers.
The Employment Development Department recently developed this one-sheet to guide agricultural employers in wildfire preparation for their workers.
This one-sheet provides a list of resources to support agricultural worker, from agencies including the following:
- California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES)
- California Department of Food and Agriculture (CFDA)
- California Department of Social Services (CDSS)
- Labor and Workforce Development Agency (LWDA)
- Employment Development Department (EDD)