Western Growers’ members are invited to attend the “Criminal Prosecution for Food Safety Violations and Prop. 65” seminar on May 24 at the WG Center for Innovation & Technology in Salinas, Calif.
This seminar will be conducted by attorneys from Alston & Bird LLP who will address concerns about the expanding risk of criminal prosecution of executives in the fresh produce industry. Also, attendees will learn about the Prop. 65 rules on naturally occurring compounds. The panel will address topics such as the following:
- Will criminal exposure expand under FDA’s new FSMA?
- How FDA and the Department of Justice decide to pursue criminal liability without fault
- How the Department of Justice’s new Yates Memo increases criminal exposure for company executives
- How produce companies and their executives can avoid criminal liability
- Prop 65 rules on naturally occurring compounds
Date: Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. PST
Daniel G. Jarcho, Partner, Alston & Bird. Bio.
Edward T. Kang, Partner, Alston & Bird. Bio.
Maureen F. Gorsen, Partner, Alston & Bird. Bio.
Nowell D. Berreth, Partner, Alston & Bird. Bio.
Location: Western Growers Center for Innovation & Technology
150 S Main St #130, Salinas, CA 93901
RSVP: To attend, please RSVP by May 17 to Yvette Minor at email@example.com or (949) 885-2248.
The seminar is sponsored by the WG legal and science & technology departments. Participation is complimentary and available to WG members only. For more information, please contact Jason Resnick at (949) 885-2253 or Hank Giclas at (949) 885-2205.