California requires that employers must provide sexual harassment prevention training to ALL employees by January 1, 2020, and Western Growers is now offering training to help businesses comply with the new law.
Under SB 1343, California employers with at least five employees (this includes seasonal and temporary employees) are required to provide sexual harassment training every two years:
- by January 1, 2020 (meaning training must happen in 2019)
- within six months of new employees assuming their position (and once every two years thereafter)
- for at least two hours for all supervisors
- for at least one hour for all non-supervisory employees
Sexual harassment and discrimination are not issues that should be taken lightly, and in many cases, employers can be found liable for a hostile work environment created by an employee. Western Growers University’s training sessions cover topics including SB 1343, employer liability for sexual harassment, best practices to combat harassment issues in the workplace and more.
- WG Member: $65
- Non-WG Member: $80
LOCATION & DATES:
These one-hour trainings will be available in both English and Spanish and offered at multiple locations, including the following:
- Salinas – August 15, 2019
- Irvine – September 11, 2019
- Imperial – October 17, 2019
- Fresno – November 6 and 7, 2019
- Modesto – November 12, 2019
- Santa Maria – November 18, 2019
- Bakersfield – November 25, 2019
- Tulare – November 26, 2019
Register for a session at www.wga.com/training.
This training is open to the public.
For additional information about the sexual harassment prevention trainings, watch the video below or contact Anna Bilderbach at (949) 379-3889.