This is the time of year when more time and effort goes into celebration and revelry than any other season. The festive spirit leads to decorations and parties in the office while everyone enjoys the holiday scene. Employees need to be especially vigilant at this time of year because there is more potential for accidents and injuries due to the presence of alcohol and food at many of the holiday gatherings. A few simple reminders can help employees avoid problems while maximizing their enjoyment of the holidays:
Driving – practice “safe” driving.
- Don’t drink and drive.
- Be very careful while driving in inclement weather.
- Avoid using cell phones for texting or talking while driving.
Decorating – be careful with holiday decorations.
- Don’t use chairs to attach decorations to walls or ceilings. Instead get a sturdy ladder.
- Use fire retardant or artificial trees.
- Don’t overload electrical circuits with lights.
For more information, please contact Greg Nelson at (949) 885-2287.