The Department of Industrial Relations has posted on its website several new resources to help employers comply with the New Piece-Rate Legislation (AB 1513).
This administration-sponsored law does two things:
- Going forward, it establishes pay requirements for mandated rest and recovery breaks and other nonproductive time, including related wage stub requirements.
- Looking backward, it provides a short window of time for employers to make back wage payments to workers for previously uncompensated or undercompensated rest and recovery periods and other nonproductive time in exchange for relief from statutory penalties and other damages.
The website includes the following items:
- Piece-Rate Back Pay Election Form (Labor Code §226.2(b)(3) notice) – due by July 1, 2016
- AB 1513 Fact Sheet
- AB 1513 FAQs
- AB 1513 Power Point Presentation
- Text of AB 1513
- List of Employers who have a submitted a Notice of Election to Make Back Payments
Also check out Western Growers’ newest member resource: How to Prepare for California’s New Piece-Rate Compensation Rules (AB 1513).
For more information, contact Jason Resnick at (949) 885-2253.