Western Growers President and CEO Tom Nassif has been reappointed by USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack and U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman to serve on the Agriculture Policy Advisory Committee (APAC). According to a United States Department of Agriculture release, APAC is an advisory committee system established in 1974 to ensure a private-sector voice in setting U.S. agricultural trade policy. Nassif’s appointment expires on June 15, 2019.
Other produce representatives that serve on the committee include:
- Laura Batcha, CEO and executive director of the Organic Trade Association;
- Brenda Morris of Morris Farms LLC;
- Daniel Moss of Moss Ag and Arrowhead Potato Co.;
- Chris Schlect, president of the Northwest Horticultural Council;
- Tom Stenzel, president and CEO of the United Fresh Produce Association;
- Mike Stuart, president of the Florida Fruit and Vegetable Association; and
- Rayne Thompson, director of government relations and public policy for Sunkist Growers.
In addition to Nassif’s service on APAC, Senior Executive Vice President Matt McInerney will continue to serve on USDA’s Agriculture Technical Advisory Committee for Trade in Fruits and Vegetables (ATAC). Appointees to one of six the USDA’s six ATACs offer technical advice and information about specific agriculture commodities and products.