Western Growers and AgSafe will be hosting a series of two-day workshops throughout June and July to assist fresh produce companies in meeting training requirements under the final FDA’s produce safety rule “Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing, and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption.”
During the first day, participants will have the opportunity to take the Produce Safety Alliance (PSA) Growers Training Course. During the second day, they will have the option to receive bilingual training on how to implement the FDA’s produce rule.
The PSA Grower Training Course is one way to satisfy the FSMA Produce Safety Rule requirement that calls for “at least one supervisor or responsible party for your farm must have successfully completed food safety training at least equivalent to that received under standardized curriculum recognized as adequate by the Food and Drug Administration.” The course will cover everything from Introduction to Produce Safety to How to Develop a Farm Food Safety Plan. After attending the entire course, participants will be eligible to receive a certificate from the Association of Food and Drug Officials that verifies they have completed the training course.
The How to Implement the FDA’s Produce Rule Course will offer attendees tools and key requirements to assist those engaged in produce safety to identify key requirements of the FDA’s produce rule and to access practical resources to facilitate its implementation. This class will be taught in English and Spanish and will provide participants with the basics of this rule, key requirements, a better understanding of compliance dates and exemptions, resources to develop or update a food safety plan as well as to develop a robust training program. After attending the entire course, participants will be eligible to receive a certificate from AgSafe and Western Growers that verifies they have completed this training course.
These courses are open to all those stakeholders interested in produce safety. Members of AgSafe and Western Growers will receive a special discount. Don’t miss this opportunity, reserve your seat today!
- June 20 – 21: Ricochet Community Center, 450 W. Aten Road, Imperial, CA 92251
- July 11 – 12: A Royal Place, 6720 District Blvd., Bakersfield, CA 93313
- July 18 – 19: Orvene S. Community Center, 530 Park Avenue, Port Hueneme, CA 93041
- July 25 – 26: Monterey County Farm Bureau, 1140 Abbott St., Ste C, Salinas, CA 93901
- July 27 – 28: Bonipak, 1850 W. Stowell Road, Santa Maria, CA 93458
- Day 1: PSA Grower Training Course (8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- AgSafe and Western Growers members = $360/person
- Non-Member = $435/person
- Day 2: How to implement the FDA’s Produce Safety Course (English 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & Spanish 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- AgSafe and Western Growers members = $175/person
- Non-Member = $205/person
- Group Rate (3 or more participants) = $160/person
- Day 1 & Day 2 Package:
- AgSafe and Western Growers = $485/person
- Non-Member = $585/person
Registration is open and seating is limited, save your spot. Register now!
Stay tuned to Spotlight for dates, locations and additional details. For questions about the content of these workshops, contact Western Growers at WGSciTech@wga.com. For questions related to workshop logistics and registration, contact AgSafe at firstname.lastname@example.org