The Arizona and California leafy green sector continues to drive forward the highest standards for food safety in the United States. Western Growers, working closely with industry experts, academia and the Arizona and California Leafy Green Marketing Agreements (LGMAs), developed resources to assist with the implementation of the new LGMA-approved best practices for water use.
These resources include guidelines to assist with the assessment of agricultural water systems as well as guidelines to conduct root cause analysis and product testing if water standards are not met. In addition, templates of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and forms are now available and can be used as a starting point to create and customize documentation and demonstrate the implementation of these new practices.
Click here to access the following resources:
- Appendix A: Ag Water System Assessment
- Appendix F: Root Cause Analysis for Water Resources
- Appendix C: Product Testing Protocol
- SOP for Irrigation Water Sampling
- SOP for Ag Water System Assessment
- Revised Food Safety Assessment Form
- Ag Water System Assessment Form
Any questions, comments or suggestions can be sent to [email protected].