If you live in or near California’s Imperial Valley, you will want to join Western Growers for an AB 1513 Safe Harbor Town Hall being held on Tuesday, October 18, 2016, at 9:00 A.M. at the Farm Credit Ag Center, 485 Business Pkwy, Imperial, 92251. Over the last two weeks, hundreds of representatives from member companies have participated in our AB 1513 town halls and benefitted from the experience.
AB 1513 is the law that defines new wage and hour requirements for piece-rate workers. This event is designed to provide important insights from legal experts and fellow employers to help your company reduce its liability risk and overcome the technical compliance challenges of AB 1513’s safe harbor provisions.
Town hall topics include:
- Timing of issuing back payments
- Required backup documentation
- Working with farm labor contractors to perfect safe harbor compliance
- Required due diligence for locating eligible workers
- Utilizing multiple methods of calculating back payments
- Submitting back payments to the labor commissioner’s Unpaid Wage Fund
- Dealing with stale checks
REGISTER FOR THE IMPERIAL VALLEY TOWN HALL
Complimentary juice, coffee, and fruit will be offered during break services at the event.
For more information about town hall events, contact Bryan Nickerson at (949) 885-2392. For questions about AB 1513, contact Jason Resnick at (949) 885-2253.