Western Growers and S2G Ventures have selected the six agtech start-up companies who will be competing in AgSharks™ for equity investments totaling up to $250,000 to support the development and growth of their businesses, as well as for acreage to pilot their technologies.
The following are the companies selected to compete in the AgSharks event:
- AgVoiceAugean Robotics, LLC
- Farm Dog
- Food-Origins Inc.
- Hazel Technologies Inc
Additionally, the judges who will be offering feedback, equity investment offers, acreage for use in pilot programs or a combination of the three are as follows:
- Edwin Camp, President at D.M. Camp & Sons,
- Sanjeev Krishnan, Managing Director and CIO at S2G Ventures
- Ryan Talley, Farm Manager and Co-Owner at Talley farms
- Chuck Templeton, Managing Director at S2G Ventures
- Matthew Walker, Principal at S2G Ventures
- Rob Yraceburu, President at Wonderful Orchards LLC
These start-up companies will pitch their ideas to a panel of AgSharks who will decide on the spot whether and how much to invest. The entrepreneurs must then accept the offer, negotiate or decline. AgSharks will take place on Tuesday, October 31, 2017, during the Western Growers Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada.
For more information about the startups or AgSharks, read the full press release.