In the investigative report on the fall 2020 outbreak, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) identified three key trends leading to the contamination of leafy greens by E. coli O157:H7 in recent years, with a focus on a recurring strain and adjacent land use.
In this webinar, experts from FDA, California Department of Food and Agriculture, and California Department of Public Health will examine the highlights, findings, recommendations, and future activities from the latest outbreak investigation report and cover federal and state perspectives and responses.
Participants are encouraged to read the report before this presentation. The report can be accessed here. This webinar will allow an opportunity to ask questions, however, Western Growers will also be receiving questions in advance.
Webinar: Latest Outbreak Investigation: Highlights, Findings, Recommendations, and Future Government Activities
Date: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Time: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PT
- Frank Yiannas, FDA Deputy Commissioner for Food Policy & Response
- Maria Knirk, Deputy Director, Division of Enforcement, CFSAN
- Natalie Krout-Greenberg, Director, CDFA Inspection Services
- Stic Harris, Director of Coordinated Outbreak & Response Evaluation Network (CORE), CFSAN
- Samir Assar, Director, Produce Safety Staff, CFSAN
- Michael Needham, Chief, CDPH Emergency Response Unit
- Gerald Bromley, Director, Division of Domestic Human & Animal Food Operations, ORA
- James Gorny, Senior Science Advisory for Produce Safety, CFSAN
RSVP: Click here to register
For more information, contact Western Growers’ Science department at email@example.com.