In its event debut, the National Agricultural Law Center is hosting the Western Agricultural and Environmental Law Conference on May 4-5, 2023 in Reno, Nev. at the Peppermill Reno Resort. Western Growers’ Dennis Nuxoll, VP, Federal Government Affairs will be participating in the panel Update from the Potomac: 2023 Farm Bill & Related Federal Issues on Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. to noon. Other participants in this panel include Randy Russell, President, The Russell Group and Katie Naessens, Vice President, Torrey Advisory Group and will be moderated by Sara Wyant, Founder and Editor, Agri-Pulse Communications, Inc.
This conference will address topics pertinent to issues the agricultural industry faces on state, federal and international levels. The National Agricultural Law Center notes that “this inaugural program is part of a long-term effort…to provide relevant and timely agricultural and environmental legal research and information to attorneys, lenders, land managers and farm appraisers, accountants, tax consultants, students, and other agricultural professionals involved in and impacted by the agricultural industry in the western U.S. The goal is to provide a premiere legal education program combined with networking opportunities that ultimately help strengthen the agricultural industry.”
A sample of other topics that will be covered during the conference include
- Veggie Wars: Legal Update on the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act & Related Produce Laws with Dale A. Stern, Partner, Downey Brand
- Running on Empty & Into the Sun: Legal & Political Update on the Colorado River Basin with James Eklund, Member, Sherman & Howard
- Moving Targets in Muddied Waters: Advising Farmers, Landowners, and Lenders Regarding Waters of the United States with Robert P. Soran, Partner, Downey Brand Nicole E. Granquist, Partner, Downey Brand
- Dividing the Waters: Focus on States’ Approaches to Groundwater and Recent Developments with Rebecca R. A. Smith, Partner, Downey Brand
- The Intersection of Estate Planning & Water Law with Therese Ure Stix, Managing Attorney & Shareholder, Schroeder Law Offices, P.C
To register for the event and see a list full list of the schedule visit the National Agricultural Law Center registration page.