Last week, several hundred farmers and produce industry stakeholders gathered at The Venetian Resort in Las Vegas for the Western Growers 2022 Annual Meeting.
The four-day event was filled with top-of-the-line educational sessions, exciting networking and social events and compelling keynote addresses. Below were a few of this year’s highlights:
- Keynote speakers, including Admiral William McRaven; Karl Rove; and Jennifer Sey
- Informational panels, including “When Family Farms Give Way to Outsiders” and “The Promises and Challenges of New Breeding Technologies”
- Western Growers and S2G Ventures announced the winner of the 2022 AgSharks® Pitch Competition, with Nutjobs earning a record equity investment offer of $6 million from the event’s judges. You can read the full press release here.
- Entertainment from Super Diamond and a performance in the classic style of the Rat Pack.
- The Award of Honor Dinner Gala, which honored agricultural icon John Harris.
- Western Growers’ traditional Golf Tournament & Lunch at the Revere Golf Course.
You can view some event images posted on Western Growers’ Facebook page here.