Western Growers and AgSafe will be hosting a series of produce safety workshops to assist California growers in meeting the training requirements under the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) produce safety regulation. The produce rule requires companies to employ at least one person who has completed the equivalent of this eight-hour class. These classes will be offered in Northern and Central California production areas and will be presented in both English and Spanish.
This eight hour class will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Produce Safety
- Worker Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Soil Amendments
- Wildlife, Domesticated Animals, and Land Use
- Agricultural Water
- Post-harvest Handling and Sanitation
- How to Develop a Farm Food Safety Plan
Workshops will be offered for $20. The cost includes lunch, grower training manuals and a certificate of course attendance recognized by the FDA. These workshops are provided through a contract awarded by the California Department of Food and Agriculture to AgSafe, with support from Western Growers.
The available workshops will be held on the following dates:
- March 22, 2018 – Loomis | ENGLISH
- March 27, 2018 – Santa Rosa | ENGLISH
- March 28, 2018 – Santa Rosa | SPANISH
- April 4, 2018 – Merced | ENGLISH
- April 5, 2018 – Merced | SPANISH
- April 24, 2018 – Plymouth | ENGLISH
- April 27, 2018 – San Jose | ENGLISH
- May 9, 2018 – Orland | ENGLISH
- May 10, 2018 – Yuba City | ENGLISH
- May 11, 2018 – Elk Grove | ENGLISH
- May 22, 2018 – Yreka | ENGLISH
- May 23, 2018 – Ukiah | ENGLISH
- May 30, 2018 – Redding | ENGLISH
- May 31, 2018 – Redding | SPANISH
Click on Date to Register
Classes are from 8:00am – 5:00pm, please arrive early to sign in.
Additional dates and locations will be announced soon. For more information, read the PS Training 2018 Flyer or visit the Produce Safety Training Workshop website.