Western Growers Assurance Trust (WGAT) is now providing assistance to the families impacted by the Erskine wildfire located in the Lake Isabella area. If you, your employees or their covered family members are a WGAT participant and affected by the fire, please be aware of the emergency benefits and resources available to you:
- WGAT participants residing in the Lake Isabella area can seek emergency or urgent care services by doctors and hospitals, and these claims will be paid as if they are in-network.
- There will be no late penalties incurred for those who need prior-authorizations, pre-certification or referral requirements – time limits have been relaxed.
- If you have lost or damaged medication, you can go to any pharmacy now to get your medication refilled.
- If your medical equipment (also called Durable Medical Equipment or DME) was lost or damaged, you can get a replacement.
- You and your doctors will be given more time to file health claims, if needed.
- With the exception of refilling lost or damaged drugs, you will need to call the WGAT Customer Service number at (800) 777-7898 to have any of the above adjustments made to your benefits. This includes updating your address for our pharmacy mail order program, if needed.
- For refilling lost or damaged prescriptions, contact Pinnacle Rx Solutions’ customer service line at (877) 782-9658.
- These medical and pharmacy adjustments are effective now through July 17, 2016. These emergency benefits do not apply to Medicare Advantage members who have their own guidelines.
For questions about these benefit adjustments, please contact David Zanze at (949) 885-2209.