The WGIS Let’s Grow Roadshow team is back for 2020 and they are hitting the road for a second time with their very own training team. What is the goal? To bring you not one, but two relevant and exclusive topics – Leave Laws and Food Safety.
As previously reported in spotlight, Western Growers Insurance Services kicked off its “Let’s Grow Roadshow” last year, where WG staff travel around California and Arizona to provide mini-workshops on topics including human resources, insurance services, food safety, financial services and more. During the workshops, farming, food and agricultural professional have the opportunity to explore some of the industry’s most pressing issues and receive tangible takeaways that they can immediately implement at their respective companies.
The topic covered in this roadshow will be Federal and State Leave Laws. This training will discuss the Family Medical and Leave Act (FMLA), California Family Rights Act (CFRA), Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL), and New Parent Leave Act (NPLA). In addition, you will learn:
- What is the Employer’s duty and obligation
- Who is covered and exempted from the mandatory paid sick leave requirements
- Family School Partnership Act (FSPA) / School visitation leave
- Personal leave
- Military leave
- Bone marrow and organ donation leaves
- Jury/victim & witness duty leave
- Victims of domestic violence, sexual assault & stalking
- How to initiate the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations
- Leave management and administration issues
- How to take proactive measures to balance between employee rights and company needs
In this highly requested food safety training, you will discover if your business is ready for a regulatory visit and learn more about the claims side of things, should a contamination event occur. Expect to gain insights from your peers while hearing more about the following:
- When to expect visits from FDA or state food regulatory agencies
- How to prepare for regulatory inspections
- Resources that are available to you throughout the year
- Recall and contaminated product policies including basic coverage and triggers
- What to expect during the claim process
LOCATION & DATES:
These two-hour trainings are offered at multiple locations, including the following:
- January 29 – Sacramento, CA
- February 11 – Indio, CA
- February 13 – Yuma, AZ
- March 10 – Yuma, AZ
- March 18 – Sacramento, CA
- March 24 – Imperial, CA
- April 14 – Imperial, CA
- April 21 – Chico, CA
- May 19 – Modesto, CA
- May 20 – Modesto, CA
- June 16 – Oxnard, CA
- June 25 – Oxnard, CA
REGISTER: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR A SESSION
If you haven’t attended an event before, the Let’s Grow Roadshow is a complimentary training event brought to you by Western Growers Insurance Services. No matter what your business does, or what your role is, you will be able to take what you learned back to your Human Resources, Financial, and/or Safety teams.
Join the team for a morning of learning, coffee, and pastries!
For questions, contact Nicole Daily at (949) 885-2341.